Cabins | Mount Rainier | Activities Planner
Mt. Rainier National Park Service Info
- Outdoor Activities Mount Rainier from the Park Service
- Day hiking Rainier Enjoy a day of family hiking
- Climbing Mount Rainier from the Park Service
- Biking inside Mt. Rainier National Park
- Ranger guided tours for kids, adults, teens and families
- Geocaching use zip code 98304. Geocaching is a high-tech treasure hunting game played throughout the world by adventure seekers equipped with GPS devices.
Mt. Rainier, Ashford WA and Nisqually Valley activities close to our cabins
- Northwest Trek Wildlife Park , Eatonville WA. Another classic trip for families and children. Ride the tram, take the walking tour, hike nature trails, visit Cheney Discovery Center and much more! Children of all ages love this trip. It's also great for mobility-impaired visitors. Ask about our 2 for 1 ticket discounts.
- Mt Rainier Scenic Railroad Train Tour, Elbe WA. This is ideal for kids and families. It's an amazingly beautiful trip through our Cascade Mountains at the base of Mt. Rainier.
- EZ Times Outfitters, Ashford WA. Trail rides for adults and kids. 18703 SR 706 East, Elbe, WA, Phone: (360) 569-2449
- Fishing near Mt. Rainier National Park in the Ashford / Nisqually Valley area. Wild trout run in June and July through Ashford.
- Photographing the wildflowers of Paradise Meadows and Mount Rainier Photography
- Mount Tahoma Trails Association for Snow Shoeing, Cross Country Skiing,, and Mountain Biking. Visit www.skimtta.com
- White Pass Ski - Packwood, WA. Visit www.skiwhitepass.com
- Packwood, WA - Bi-Annual Flea Market. Visit www.packwoodfleamarket.com
- Eatonville Lion's Club Art Festival First Weekend in August Every Year!
Eatonville, WA. Visit www.eatonville.com
Driving tours of Mount Rainier National Park near our Ashford Lodging
- Motorbike Tours around Mount Rainier National Park, Ashford WA
- Scenic Driving Tours Take the family and kids on a drive to the park's best attractions
- Tours and Activities in Lewis County
Visit Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument
The East entrance to Mount Saint Helens National Volcanic Monument is about one hour from our Ashford cabins.
- Roads 25 and 99 provide access to the vast blown down forest and views of the legendary Spirit Lake, and are usually open from Memorial Day until snow blocks the roads.
- Cowlitz Valley Ranger Station is open to visitors daily during the summer season.
- On Forest Road 99 interpretive talks and walks bring the landscape to life for visitors and can be enjoyed at the numerous viewpoints.
- Food services and gifts are available at Cascades Peaks Viewpoint. Dining, gas, and other services are offered in nearby communities.
A little history on Mt. Rainier National Park
Mount Rainier National Park is a United States National Park located in southeast Pierce County and northeast Lewis County of Washington state. The park was established on March 2, 1899 and is one of the US's earliest National Parks. It became the fifth national park in the United States.
Mount Rainier is circled by the Wonderland Trail and is covered by several glaciers and snowfields totaling some 35 square miles. About 1.3 million people visit Mount Rainier National Park each year.